Iklan

Created with Sketch. Quote of the Day: Let Hope Still Ring Through Depths of Twilight - Ricochet.com

A song from a favorite semi-underground Christian rock band, Brave Saint Saturn. It’s not quite my favorite song from BSS, and I know basically nothing about music anyway. But I still think this is a good song; listening to it once isn’t enough; like good art often does, it gets better over time.

From a lyrics website, the chorus:

And we will burn the starless night
The truth will ring through depths of twilight
Liberty, our hearts ignite
Let hope still ring through depths of twilight

I wouldn’t be surprised if BSS’s Reese Roper thinks systemic racism is the big problem this song calls us to have hope in the face of. I’m not so sure. (I think racism is still a problem in America, and based on mountains of anecdotal evidence like the kind covered in this National Review Online piece, I’m prepared to believe that some of it is systemic. But I’d still like a case for systemic racism that I’m pretty sure can get past any subtleties drawn from Thomas Sowell’s Discrimination and Disparities.)

I’m more inclined to think that abortion or leftist disregard for religious liberty (for Muslims, too!) is a bigger issue. And petty coronavirus tyrannies.

Anyway, I do find this song moving. It could probably make me cry if I let it. The poetry seems to me flexible enough to apply to whichever injustices America has most to worry about. (However, the quotes from MLK Jr. make that case more difficult.)

And you? Have you ever even heard of this band before now? Do you like this song? You want more suggestions on their music?

In the face of what problems do you think America needs hope the most?

Published in Religion & Philosophy

Let's block ads! (Why?)

Labels: Quotes of the day

Thanks for reading Created with Sketch. Quote of the Day: Let Hope Still Ring Through Depths of Twilight - Ricochet.com. Please share...!

0 Comment for "Created with Sketch. Quote of the Day: Let Hope Still Ring Through Depths of Twilight - Ricochet.com"

Back To Top