Iklan

20 Best Father-Son Quotes - Sayings About Sons and Dads for Father's Day - The Pioneer Woman

father son quotes

@ThePioneerWoman

Ree and Ladd Drummond welcomed their sons Bryce and Todd in 2002 and 2004, respectively, and added their beloved "Bonus Kid" to the family (that's Jamar to you!) just last year. So it's safe to say Ladd's had lots of experience with the whole father-son thing—decades of it, to be precise.

But whether you, too, have been a "boy dad" for years now or are just about to step into that wonderful, blissful, chaotic era of life, we have a feeling you'll enjoy reading through these father-son quotes. Each and every saying, lyric, and excerpt on our list will remind you just how much your son means to you—and for the sons out there, we're hoping these Father's Day quotes will make it that much easier to wish your dad a happy Father's Day. After all, there are few Father's Day messages quite as meaningful as this family quote from Johann Friedrich von Schiller: "It is not flesh and blood, but the heart which makes us fathers and sons."

Of course, if you're looking for something a little lighter, we've got you covered there, too. "When you're young, you think your dad is Superman," reads one funny option from Dave Attell. "Then you grow up, and you realize he's just a regular guy who wears a cape."

1 of 20

John Cole

"His values embraced family, reveled in the social mingling of the kitchen, and above all, welcomed the loving disorder of children."

2 of 20

Billy Graham

"A good father is one of the most unsung, unpraised, unnoticed, and yet one of the most valuable assets in our society."

3 of 20

Hank Williams, Jr.

"My daddy, he was somewhere between God and John Wayne."

4 of 20

Wade Boggs

"Anyone can be a father, but it takes someone special to be a dad, and that's why I call you dad, because you are so special to me."

5 of 20

John Green

"The nature of impending fatherhood is that you are doing something that you're unqualified to do, and then you become qualified while doing it."

6 of 20

Brad Pitt

"With sons and fathers, there's an inexplicable connection and imprint that your father leaves on you."

7 of 20

Clarence Budington Kelland

"My father didn’t tell me how to live. He lived and let me watch him do it."

8 of 20

Scott Eastwood

"My father taught me not to overthink things, that nothing will ever be perfect, so just keep moving and do your best."

9 of 20

Gordon MacDonald

"The impression made by a father's voice can set in motion an entire trend of life."

10 of 20

Charles Kettering

"Every father should remember one day his son will follow his example, not his advice."

11 of 20

Reed Markham

"Being a great father is like shaving. No matter how good you shaved today, you have to do it again tomorrow."

12 of 20

Harmon Killebrew

"My father used to play with my brother and me in the yard. Mother would come out and say, 'You're tearing up the grass.' 'We're not raising grass,' Dad would reply. ’We're raising boys.'"

13 of 20

Gabriel García Márquez

"A man knows when he is growing old because he begins to look like his father."

14 of 20

LeBron James

"My favorite thing about being a father is just seeing my kids grow and do some of the same things that I did when I was a kid, man."

15 of 20

Michael Josephson

"Being a father is the most important role I will ever play and if I don't do this well, no other thing I do really matters."

16 of 20

Sidney Poitier

"I decided in my life that I would do nothing that did not reflect positively on my father's life."

17 of 20

Dave Attell

"When you're young, you think your dad is Superman. Then you grow up, and you realize he's just a regular guy who wears a cape."

18 of 20

Johann Friedrich von Schiller

"It is not flesh and blood, but the heart which makes us fathers and sons."

19 of 20

Nelson Mandela

"To be the father of a nation is a great honor, but to be the father of a family is a greater joy."

20 of 20

Tiger Shroff

"Every son's first superhero is his father, and it was the same for me. For me, he was Superman and Batman combined."

This content is created and maintained by a third party, and imported onto this page to help users provide their email addresses. You may be able to find more information about this and similar content at piano.io

Adblock test (Why?)

Labels: Quotes of the day

Thanks for reading 20 Best Father-Son Quotes - Sayings About Sons and Dads for Father's Day - The Pioneer Woman. Please share...!

0 Comment for "20 Best Father-Son Quotes - Sayings About Sons and Dads for Father's Day - The Pioneer Woman"

Back To Top