Iklan

McDonald’s unveils its bright purple Grimace birthday meal today – what TikTokers don’t tell you about the... - The US Sun

MCDONALD'S fans are racing to their nearest location for a brand new treat as the year of walking taste bud Grimace descends upon us.

The fast-food brand is honoring its mascot's birthday with a $15 meal that comes with delicious classics and a limited-time purple milkshake that could sadly give you a face to match the character's name.

McDonald's fans are rushing to the restaurant to get their hands on a new meal

8

McDonald's fans are rushing to the restaurant to get their hands on a new mealCredit: McDonald's
The $15 special is in honor of Grimace, one of the chain's mascots

8

The $15 special is in honor of Grimace, one of the chain's mascotsCredit: The US Sun
The mega brand began serving the Grimace Birthday Meal on Monday

8

The mega brand began serving the Grimace Birthday Meal on MondayCredit: Courtesy of McDonald's
The U.S. Sun tried the meal, which includes either a traditional Big Mac or 10-piece McNugget with fries and a medium Grimace's Birthday Shake

8

The U.S. Sun tried the meal, which includes either a traditional Big Mac or 10-piece McNugget with fries and a medium Grimace's Birthday ShakeCredit: The US Sun

McDonald's consistently collaborates with huge stars to roll out limited-time treats that always spark a social media storm.

Hip-hop fans celebrated when they could recreate Cardi B and Offset's date night meal this Valentine's Day.

Even BTS stans managed to log off Twitter long enough to try a now-infamous sauce that can be purchased for $25,000 on eBay.

This summer, however, McDonald's decided to give the fanbases a break and kept it in the family.

Britney Spears' relationship with mom is still 'complicated and tricky'
Lotto winner and 'loose cannon' Edwin Castro's 'embarrassing' mistakes

On Monday, the store began serving the Grimace Birthday Meal which includes either a traditional Big Mac or 10-piece McNugget with fries and a medium Grimace's Birthday Shake.

Grimace has always stood out as a mascot to me for being starkly different from the rest of the cast, with one top manager saying that he's the physical representation of "food tasting good."

When I caught wind that this paunchy piece of purple would finally get his time in the limelight, I ran, not walked, to my nearest McDonald's which happens to be outside Times Square in New York City.

As soon as I walked in, I could tell the energy was electric.

Most read in Money

The four-foot-eleven middle-aged women working behind the counter clearly had a new lease on life and couldn't help but giggle in their new purple Grimace tees.

I asked one of them if the meal had been popular and she assured me that not a moment went by without one flying off the shelf, getting me excited to give it a try.

I paid my $15, stepped back, and just moments later was called back to collect my sweet reward.

My mind? Racing. My heart? Pounding. I practically blacked out while walking back to the safety of our office where I would get to taste the spirit of taste itself.

First things first, I reached for the classics.

Stupidly, I didn't clarify which sauces or entrée I would get, so they threw me some McNuggets and BBQ sauce, which is a safe bet indeed.

The chicken nuggets were as delicious as ever and provided that perfect nostalgic flavor that can only be captured in a bell, bone, boot, or ball form.

As for the fries, I mean what can I say that hasn't already been said? I only wish I washed it down with a stinging Sprite that could leave a Victorian child with fatal injuries.

Finally, the moment I was waiting for had arrived. My throat was dry. I took a long look at the condensation beading on the plastic cup and gulped. I was scared of what might come.

Nevertheless, I bravely took a sip for Grimace and immediately was smacked with sweetness.

According to McDonald's, the shake has a berry and vanilla flavor, but the fruitiness was drowned out in a loose saccharine pool of cream.

There was a yogurt quality to the treat that I did enjoy, but overall I couldn't manage to get more than a few sips down without needing a break.

Overall, I feel that, while indeed a fun experience, I will not be returning for another Grimace Birthday Shake. Diabetes runs in my family.

While my palate can be a bit sensitive, others on TikTok were obsessed with the treat and said it tasted like a delicious fruity cereal.

"Idk how to explain the taste but it kinda slaps," one person wrote in a video.

Another said: "The new unicorn frap."

Dr pictured with Jacky Oh ahead of surgery seen for 1st time since her death
Sister Wives' Christine wipes away tears & ditches engagement ring in new pics

"GIVE ME THE BLOOD OF GRIMACE," wrote a third disturbed TikToker.

Like many other McDonald's deals, this product will only be available as long as products last, so make sure to grab a shake before the seat of Grimace is empty.

Workers at a NYC location said not a moment went by without one of the meals flying off the shelf

8

Workers at a NYC location said not a moment went by without one of the meals flying off the shelfCredit: The US Sun
The U.S. Sun's Forrest McFarland tried out the Grimace shake and immediately was smacked with sweetness

8

The U.S. Sun's Forrest McFarland tried out the Grimace shake and immediately was smacked with sweetnessCredit: The US Sun
According to McDonald's, the shake has a berry and vanilla flavor

8

According to McDonald's, the shake has a berry and vanilla flavorCredit: The US Sun
Fans of the chain or Grimace have to act fast as the meal and purple milkshake is available for a limited time

8

Fans of the chain or Grimace have to act fast as the meal and purple milkshake is available for a limited timeCredit: The US Sun

Adblock test (Why?)

Labels: Star is born today

Thanks for reading McDonald’s unveils its bright purple Grimace birthday meal today – what TikTokers don’t tell you about the... - The US Sun. Please share...!

0 Comment for "McDonald’s unveils its bright purple Grimace birthday meal today – what TikTokers don’t tell you about the... - The US Sun"

Back To Top